As the owner / operator of often large, complex and expensive refrigeration plant and its associated systems, understanding and adhering to your legal obligations is not an option.
Since its inception STS has provided a range of services associated with ensuring these plants and systems are operating effectively and safely, within the legal frameworks that govern their use. This work covers obligations associated with the design and supply of new equipment and the in-service use of existing equipment. This work covers:
- The Competent Person role under the Pressure Systems Safety Regulations 2000
- Carrying out hazard assessments on ammonia refrigeration systems under the Dangerous Substances & Explosive Atmosphere Regulations 2002 and the Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
- Providing guidance on refrigerant phase-out options in response to the requirements of The Environmental Protection (Controls on Ozone Depleting Substances) Regulations 2011.
- Providing guidance on the requirements of and compliance with Fluorinated Greenhouse Gas Regulations 2009
- Other Health & Safety assignments, eg preparation of site emergency plans, method statements, risk assessments
- Guidance on other legislation driven requirements, to meet obligations coming out of the UK Climate Change Act 2008, such as:
- EU Emissions Trading System
- Climate Change Agreements (CCA) Incorporating CCL
- Carbon Reduction Commitment (CRC) Energy Efficiency Scheme