As the owner / operator of often large, complex and expensive refrigeration plant and its associated systems, understanding and adhering to your legal obligations is not optional.
Since its inception STS has provided a range of services associated with ensuring refrigeration plants and systems are operating effectively and safely, within the legal frameworks that govern their use. This work covers obligations associated with the design and supply of new equipment and the in-service use of existing equipment. This work covers:
- Enhanced Written scheme of Examination where we fulfil the Competent Person role under the Pressure Systems Safety Regulations 2000
- Ammonia Hazard Assessment Carrying out hazard assessments on ammonia refrigeration systems under the Dangerous Substances & Explosive Atmosphere Regulations 2002 and the Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999. (link to page with more detail use the existing case study
- Ammonia Release Response Plan The dispersal modelling we carry out uses software supplied by the US Environmental Protection Agency. It considers various release scenarios and weather conditions to ascertain ammonia concentrations away from the point of release. The assessment is made based on existing control measures and we also recommend any further control measures that would assist in reducing or eliminating the potential frequency or severity ratings.
- on refrigerant phase-out options in response to the requirements of The Environmental Protection (Controls on Ozone Depleting Substances) Regulations 2011.
- Providing guidance on the requirements of and compliance with Fluorinated Greenhouse Gas Regulations 2009
- Other Health & Safety assignments, e.g. preparation of site emergency plans, method statements, risk assessments
- Other Health & Safety assignments, eg preparation of site emergency plans, method statements, risk assessments
- Guidance on other legislation driven requirements, to meet obligations coming out of the UK Climate Change Act 2008, such as: